Monday, June 13, 2011

Another Plantain Testimony

Our Ol' Linden Tree
Well, on the last post I wrote on and on about the wonders of plantain, just to have another testimony born earlier this morning. I guess it's not a bad thing, though.

It was around noontime when the four boys and Dad decided to play basketball under our rather large linden tree. At this time of year, you can sit on our porch and listen to the whole tree humming with busy bumble bees. After consuming too much pollen, they fall from the trees like large raindrops, and are found covering the ground.


Everybody cleared out the house when they heard the 6 year old's scream, and we found him under the ol' linden tree, holding his arm that was beginning to swell quickly. He had been stung after attempting to brush off a bee that had fallen from the tree. Dad asked for plantain - and fast. I ran over to our large patch of plantain, followed by youngsters willing to help, and chewed up some plantain leaves. After removing the large stinger with a card, I applied the fresh plantain and held for 5 minutes. (Credit or gift cards will effectively remove the stinger if brushed gently against wound. Tweezers will allow the stinger to release more venom into the system.)
After the 5 minute period, the swelling had completely diminished, and the patient felt less pain. I completed treatment by rinsing the affected area with cold water, and applying an herbal salve.
Plantain - Love it - Need it - Thank the Lord for it!
This concludes yet another amazing plantain testimony. 

No comments:

Post a Comment