I am soooooooooooo excited about this....I have finally added an herbal healing salve to the YN products! (It's about time, too!) Below is a pictorial of the salve-making process, and, at the end, the final product!
First, I had to make some herb-infused oil. (More on that at a later date.) I used some of the herbs that I had grown and harvested last year, which was a big achievement, for me. I wanted this to be a basic salve until I get more herbs. (I'll be getting them from the Bulk Herb Store. Check it out, it's a great place to get herbs among other things. :) )
INGREDIENTS:
Extra Virgin Olive Oil - A nourishing carrier oil we used to infuse the herbs
Extra Virgin Coconut Oil - Moisturizes and softens skin
Beeswax - Used to turn liquid herb oil into a solid salve
Grapefruit Seed Extract - A natural preservative that is anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and anti-microbial.
Lavender and Tea Tree Essential oils - These oils have antibacterial, anti-viral and anti-septic properties.
HERBS:
Calendula - Helps sooth irritated and damaged skin and is anti-inflammatory
Plantain - Nothing short of amazing! See our blog posts on plantain here. It especially helps pull out toxins (or insect venom) because of it's astringent properties.
Comfrey Leaf and root - Helps heal up damaged tissue, such as abrasions, bruises, and cuts, but should not be used on deep wounds. It heals so fast, that if you put it on a deep cut, for example, it has a chance to heal over any bacteria within the wound and cause infection. Wow, the power of herbs!
My little brother, Johnny Brian, wanted to help.
John strained the herb oil through a strainer and cheesecloth while I snapped this picture.
Melting beeswax and adding herb oils (the bright white stuff is some virgin coconut oil).
This is the warm salve, cooling down in their 4 ounce jars.
This is the salve all cooled down and ready to be lidded.
Well, there you have it!
Yamali's SALVE-A-TION HERBAL SALVE
My family has been using this "green goo" all week long...and ...it works! We use the salve for many things...cuts, scrapes, burns, bruises, stings, bug bites, infected skin, sore spots, blisters and more!
A personal testimony:
When working in the garden, I got a bunch of nettle stings on my fingers. OUCH! They were hurting badly, so it was then that I decided to "test" my new salve. Within minutes of applying the salve, the slight swelling I had went away and I could not feel a thing! It was GONE! I tried to locate the stingers, but could not. The relief lasted until I washed my hands, when the salve rinsed off. The pain then started to come back, and I could feel the stingers again. So I simply re-applied the smallest amount of salve (it doesn't take much to slather up a knuckle), and covered it with a bandage. PAIN GONE!
I will be posting the new salve on one of our products page soon, well, as soon as I get that area of the blog organized. :)
Thanks for reading!
~Emma
No comments:
Post a Comment