I have been waiting a long time for this single post, I mean, a new bar is always a fun thing to talk about, but I like to wait until most of the curing time is over before I mention anything. (That way it is sooooo close to being available.) I have two more weeks to go on this bar....oh well, here goes.
A flame of creativity sparked in my mind as I thought of the next bar I had been yearning to make. I desired to make a soap reminiscent of long summer days and cool nights by the flickering campfire. After days of thorough research and essential oil experimentation (one of my favorite messes to make), I did it! I had created an amazing soap with this seducing pure essential oil blend of bright lemongrass, deep patchouli, spicy clove and sweet orange, together in perfect harmony.
The soap batch turned out perfectly, and I just knew that I had to handle this batch extra carefully. (Well, ummmm, I guess I do that with every batch.) After letting the soap it's amount of time in the mold, I carefully lifted the slab of soap out and lowered it down onto the kitchen table...okay, that wasn't so bad. (Now, you can actually tell exactly how carefull I really was, because I didn't say I let it PLOP onto the table, now did I?) After all the bars were handcut as evenly as possible, I lined them up on the curin' rack, in their cardboard boxes and waited. Waited for what exactly? After about a week or two, I enjoy peeking in the boxes to see if the bars have changed any. Changed?! Yes, there is sometimes a significant difference in the color of the bars curing. For example, our Agrarian Companion soap is a yellowish/brown when cut; after 6 weeks of curing, the bars are a beautiful shade of a reddish/orange. Anyways, after a harmless peek at the bars, I noticed that the Solstice had changed from a creamy yellowish/orange to a lovely sunset pink. Here is a photo of Solstice in the boxes. Above are the photos of how Solstice will look all wrapped up; we had to prematurely wrap a single bar for our photoshoot. Solstice soap can be found on our new Yamali Soap page, but will not be available until and after the Fort Armstrong Folk Festival
B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L
We are excited to be going to the Fort Armstrong Folk Festival coming up, where we will be presenting Solstice for the first time, ever. We are also looking forward to meeting and greeting our wonderful customers and the people who have supported and continue to support Yamali Naturals through our first couple of years in business. We appreciate everything you do to support your local soapmaker. I thank you as a business, and also as an idividual.

No comments:
Post a Comment