Saturday, September 10, 2011

Mean, Clean Soapmaking Machine!

My main focus has been on producing a ton of fresh bars of soap, and my soap curing shelf is filling up quickly. I literally feel like a mean, clean soapmaking machine! Here are a few pictures from the past few crazy days at my home.
 Different types of Yamali soaps freshly made and patiently waiting to be cut.
 Solstice, amazing scent! Not yet reddish-orange, but I don't know if it will change color as the first batch did.
Ginger Clean. Fresh, aromatic notes of lemon...grapefruit...orange...bergamot...lime...and...ahhh...ginger.
I have heard from many of my customers that Ginger Clean is deodorizing...and takes care of the stink when other natural bars just don't. Are you active? Physical workout and or labor? Excersise often? Ginger Clean  may be the bar for you...it works for us.
Classic Oatmeal. Why classic? It was one of the first bars ever produced here at YN. On our most recent batch, I decided to try something new. (I guess that defeats the idea of 'classic' oatmeal...) On one side of the bar I used the crinkle cutter, and on the other, a smooth kitchen knife. In conclusion...one side is ribbed and the other is smooth. Awesome.
Some untrimmed bars of Honey Lovin' Oats and Ginger Clean, curing. (I usually don't cure different scents together, but I don't think the unscented Honey Lovin' Oats will mind.)

Feelin' fancy and artistic!

The aromatic Tootsie Love foot soap. The recent batch has been topped with poppyseeds adding extra scrubbing power. You can see some poppyseeds and cornmeal throughout the bar. I personally like it, but let's see how everybody else does! Please, I love comments!
Here are two photos showing the top and bottom of the Oasis swirl. I just could not resist the temptation to try the swirling technique on the freshest batch of Oasis. What's the green made from? Pure liquid chlorophyl. I have to cut it tomorrow. I'll try to post photos afterwards.
During the soapmaking madness...
Our faithful Australian Shepherd, Dusty, had a beautiful and healthy litter of puppies. Ten in all. Six are pitch black with small, white patches on the neck and or legs. The remaining four are spotted merle, like their mother. In the last photo is Sally, and she looks just like Dusty did as a pup. It is rather obvious that the father of the puppies is a black lab. When they're a bit older, we'll have to give all of them a bath with Poochie 'Poo.
The Queen of Everything holding Sally-her favorite pup. Look at those curls!
My littlest sister, Patience, (a.k.a. sissy) loves to pose for my avid photo-taking. She also loves to climb steps whenever the gate is left open. Cutie Pie!
 It's the simple, yet divine things I love to take pictures of. The cloudy sky on a nice day...
 ...the summer sunset that fades so fast, the camera must be ready for that last minute chance to take a shot at dusk. I really don't like losing my camera when a sunset photoshoot opportunity arises.

I love taking angle shots. Sissy and Q.O.E. love to pose.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment