I wanted to write a quick post about my thoughts on two unique soaps, Solstice and Skeeto.
Solstice
Once just a seasonal summer soap, but never again.
Every time I make this soap, my love affair with Solstice repeats itself. I have not yet recovered.
Every time I make this soap, my love affair with Solstice repeats itself. I have not yet recovered.
My thoughts...I first introduced Solstice in this post as a soap "reminiscent of long summer days and cool nights by the flickering campfire." As that is indeed true, I have found this soap to have an aroma that seemes to be tuned into all the four beautiful seasons. Let's look at the Solstice pure essential oil blend ingredients...
(My personal description of each pure essential oil.)
ORANGE - spring-friendly, fruity, fresh, sweet and juicy.
LEMONGRASS - summer-y, fresh, sunny, citrus-y. A close relative of citronella.
PATCHOULI - a nice essential oil fit for almost every season. Warm, musky, smoky, fireside, tropic, exotic.
CLOVE - Holiday season scent. Spicy, warm, and welcoming.
In conclusion, I have tried to convey that Solstice is the perfect, four-season blend. Please do not group it into the seasonal summer soap. Try it, and let it's welcoming aroma be reminiscent of any solstice, whether is be spring, summer, fall or winter.
Skeeto
Warning: Bug-repelling and People-attracting.
Am I the only one that loves Skeeto..in the middle of January?
My thoughts...okay, I found the perfect bug-repelling blend that works effectively, to go with this moisturizing bar. A fresh, woodsy blend of Lemongrass, Citronella, and Cedar. Isn't Skeeto only used for bug-repelling purposes? Think outside the bar! The Skeeto blend is amazing once you think of it other than being a bug-repellant. The lemongrass, citronella and cedar oils are blended in perfect harmony, and smell of citrus woods. (A tip from personal experience: It smells even better when you're taking a hot shower and the steam carries the scent throughout, creating a lemon/cedar sauna enviroment.)
I had to share my thoughts on this, because, well first of all... I sometimes feel like the only one using Skeeto in the middle of January...help me out here. Secondly, I would like people to think outside the soap bar and don't be afraid to use Skeeto in January...or our Agrarian Companion gardener's bar on your feet...or our Tootsie Love foot bar on your hands. I am only able to say this because Yamali soaps are 100% all natural. I would never...repeat...never use commercial chemical-coctail dog shampoo on my body; but if I was asked to use Poochie 'Poo, you wouldn't have to ask me twice.
I keep Skeeto and Solstice on stock all year round...remember they're not only seasonal...they're awesome.
Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment