Tuesday, March 6, 2012

New Packaging!!!

I wrapped a batch of Exotic Orange soap today with my brother Andrew, one full batch being 65 bars, and it took us about an hour. Not bad. So I thought I would share some photos of the new packaging now that Exotic Orange is all wrapped up.

Oh, about the new packaging. I wanted to change the packaging of Yamali soap into something more, well, economical for the new year 2012, but were unprepared to do so in January, so here it is ready for Spring 2012!

Andy did such a great wrapping job today and I am proud of him!


Well, here it is!!! Each soap looks like this, only they are individualized by the soap name, font colors and bible verse. Yes! The bits of scripture on each wrap is new. Each verse is as different as the bars themselves. Some are encouraging verses and others are bits of wisdom. Not all bars have bible verses, though, the new Exception Line bars have quotes from well-known people like Mother Theresa, C.S.Lewis, Albert Einstein and Hans Christian Anderson, to name a few.

The paper on top of the bar shows an additional area where the name of the soap can be found, with a small description of the soap. As you can see in the below photos, the ingredients are neatly listed on the bottom.





I am trying to use natural light to photograph my soaps, but am not having much success with it because the only natural light area I can use is the kitchen windowsill above the sink.
While playing with the soaps (wrapping) earlier, I found that the soap had a look of translucence in the morning sun and shot these simple photos.

Thanks for reading!
Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment