Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Trophy Soap Cut

TROPHY SOAP
Anise & Fennel Sportsmans Shampoo Bar
It has been named!!! Trophy Soap. "To help you bag your trophy!"

Here are some photos of the anise fennel soap I made the other day. Being almost too excited, I unmolded it within 24 hours, to see the layering. It was still very soft at that point, which is almost unusual for my soaps. Must have been the recipe. So I let it set for another 24 hours before cutting.


Sorry Steeler fans! It didn't turn black and gold, as I had guessed.
This is the color it stayed. Creamy white/yellow and charcoal gray/black.


Looking back, I think that adding the fennel essential oil actually added to the overpowering anise aroma. Hopefully, it will enhance it's effect of masking human scent. The soap smells like sweet licorice candy, literally. That's really great if you are a licorice fan. There are only a few anise lovers in my home, well, maybe 2 people out of 11. In fact, I have had many of my siblings come up to me and say, "Emma, please don't feel bad, but I am not sure I like the black soap, is that okay?" I am grateful that they are being honest.

THE SOAP WILL BE READY APRIL 3, 2012,
JUST IN TIME FOR FISHING SEASON!!!!!

Thanks for reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment