Saturday, March 17, 2012

Spring Weather At My Home

Hi everyone! Thought you'd like to hear about what's going on around here. I am trying to make a habit of blogging more frequently and consistantly, so please, bear with me.
We have been experiencing very warm and sunny weather here in Western Pennsylvania. The pictures below prove that. I enjoy photography. It's another growing passion of mine, as far as hobbies go.

I really like this photo. I took it from my front porch in the afternoon one day.
"This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it."
Psalms 118:24


Here, Sissy and Q.O.E. (Queen of Everything) were
eating their lunch on our deck on windy day last week.


I took many photos of this tree with the sun effect one afternoon, but this one is my favorite.
I don't have a fancy camera, only a simple point and shoot. I don't change the look of my photos, what you see is what I snapped. I simply look for potential photo scene, many of which are otherwise overlooked.

A lighning strike seen from my bedroom window on March 15. The photo is a little bit fuzzy, but, at the same time, do you have any idea how hard it is to catch a lightning flash on a point and shoot camera that has a shutter delay!!!???   I've had so many failed attempts....


I had a grand total of 20 failed attemps. Blah.

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! You left a comment on my blog asking what camera I used, and I thought I would leave you a comment on your blog with the answer. :) I use the Canon Rebel Xs. It's not the greatest, but defiantly a good place to start.

    I see you make soap! I have always wanted to learn that trade. I love making things at home, and becoming self-sufficient. Too bad we don't live a little closer...then you could teach me. :)
    Have a wonderful day, and Happy late birthday.
    ~Sveta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Sveta! I'll be looking into that camera type. I would like to start photography, but wanted to research it first, so thanks for giving me a start. :)

    Yes, I make soap, and yes...I also wish we lived a little bit closer. Hey! That's what is great about the internet, though, we can still communicate even though we live far apart. (Well, only from TN to PA) If you ever want to learn the trade...let me know and I'll be glad to teach you, through e-mail. :) I think it would be fun. I learned from the book...and...well...blah! Where's the fun in that?!

    Have a great week!
    ~Emma

    ReplyDelete