Tuesday, August 28, 2012

End of August...already! (FAFF follow up)

Time sure does fly! It has almost been a month since Yamali was featured on the front page of the Leader Times! (THANK YOU DIANNE!) The article came out on Wednesday, and then Thursday through Sunday was the big Fort Armstrong Folk Festival. (I am sorry that I didn't do a quick follow up on that like I did last year, but better late than ever???)
 
We had a different booth set up this year (I'm always changing something!), and, personally, I think it turned out really nice. Below is what our booth looked like on the first three days. My mom took this photo on Thursday...I was absent due to sickness the very first night! I am so greatful for my family, who took over everything YAMALI -related while I was at home as sick as a dog. My mom did everything...from putting up the tent to setting out every bar of soap. I love my mom. I love my dad too! Thank you!
 
On Friday morning, I felt AMAZING! Feeling so much better and energized, I was able to run the booth for the rest of the weekend. I had so much fun. We had nice vendor-neighbors that we talked to a lot. Crafters seem to come from all over Pennsylvania, and even the USA to this festival. It's kinda cool. My family was there with me the whole time. It's fun to have my family at the booth..even if we all can't fit in the tent at once. :)
We had a great year with beautiful weather (note: honey bees love Yamali soap and Salve-ation salve!). This is a photo of the booth display that I had on Sunday. We had to simplify our booth on Sunday because it rained in the morning and we wanted to be able to pack up in no time if the big storm (that was supposed to come) hit us. The storm ended up missing us almost completely and for the remainder of the day we had nice cool weather and the soap sales continued. I liked this set-up too. It was nice and simple.
 
I wish I had gotten more photos of the festival (again, like I did last year), but honestly I didn't have ANY free time to do so. I was so busy making sales and talking to people that I didn't get the chance. On Sunday, though, I took these photos before packing up (it was very dark out).
 
This shows our side table that held all the shampoo bars, gifts, soap favors and mini salves.
Left to right: Bay Rum, Apothecary, Exotic Orange, Trophy Bar, Lakeside, Solstice and Sublime
 
I wanted to thank everybody for coming to the festival. It was so nice to see (and meet) you! I hope that you enjoy the soap (and/or scrubs, salves and such!) and I look forward to hearing from you again. (I also appreciate any feedback that you may have!) Again...THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING YOUR LOCAL SOAPMAKER!
 
END NOTE:
I told everybody that I would be opening an ETSY shop in September, which is true, but I don't know exactly when in September. I am new to Etsy, so bear with me here! :)  I am probably going to start the shop up very basic with short and simple (it's temporary) listings and photos for each soap or product, and then design, edit and add details as I go. It is also hard to start an Etsy shop when my soap stock is very low. I almost sold out this month. I have some soap available, but it will not last long. Don't worry...I will be making more soap this week so I will have stock ready just when I run out...hopefully! :)
 
Thanks for reading!
Emma
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your show. Sounds like it was a great success. How wonderful your parents were able to help out while you recovered from being ill.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Michelle! Yes, my family was a huge blessing at this festival. Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep checking for your etsy shop! Can't wait to check it out once it is up and running!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Amanda! I hope all is well with you. Yes, I am soooo excited to be on Etsy! Hopefully my shop will be up and running soon! First, I have to get past the Saxonburg Festival of Arts, which is this weekend. Then I will be ETSY-FOCUSED!!! :) Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete